Friday, April 20, 2012

Today

I've always wanted to blog, but knew I needed a platform and I couldn't figure out what to write about.

Until today.

Today:
I am 39
I am a daughter
I am a sister
I am a wife
I am a mother
I am a friend
I am a nurse
I am a hiker
I am a kayaker

Today:
My life has been drastically altered.
I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.
Invasive Ductal Carcinoma

A year from now:
I will be a survivor

And, if you choose to, you can come here and read about my journey, it's gonna be a hell of a ride.

I don't know much today

I know:
I will soon have an MRI
I will soon meet with a Breast Cancer Oncologist
I will soon have a lumpectomy
I will soon have my lymph nodes mapped...but I don't really understand what that is....
I will soon have to explain this to my 7 year old daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment