Saturday, May 26, 2012

Ductal Carcinoma In Sutu


Today I received a written report of my genetic testing. In it I see that besides have Invasive Ductal Carcinoma I also have Ductal Carcinoma In Sutu. Remember I talked about that before? The type of cancer I was hoping I would have? Guess I do have it…kind of perturbed that I didn’t know it. So I went and checked my pathology reports (doesn’t everyone get copies of those things?) and didn’t see it on there. So I checked again, reading each and every big Latin word until…there it was. DCIS.

Wow. 2 different cancers at the same time in the same breast AND just for added pleasure, I am HER2+++. Why, it’s my lucky freaking day, isn’t it?

And some people think I am going overboard by having a bilateral mastectomy. Hmmmphhh.

May 31 can’t come soon enough. I’m over this shit.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leah,
    Hope you didn't think I forgot about you, it's Maryann, we met on Martino's site.
    I told you I wanted to read your blog before I commented & like blog or book, you must start at the beginning to get the full impact. Especially because this one isn't going to have an ending......I'm confident you'll take everything you've learned from this experience & continue to share how it's impacted your life, & the lives of those who love you, forevermore, I can tell you're just like that!!I have absolutely no clue as to how or why I've become so involved in Martino's cause, I just am AND am open to those that have been drawn to me or me to them.....LIKE YOU!!
    I live about 15 minutes away from Martino's salon & look forward to meeting you, Paulette & Michelle when you return in July for your wig, I'll be the one with the bottle of wine for you!! Did I say wine? I meant CHAMPAGNE!!!
    I'm here for the duration.....Maryann

    ReplyDelete