Monday, May 14, 2012

Thanking My Boobs?


Today I was responding to an email my aunt sent me, and as I typed I was hit like a ton of bricks by something I had written. I will copy and paste it here:

“Thank you for that info., I have never doubted nor questioned my decision to have a b/l mastectomy. Other people however...well....i can tell they think I'm going overboard. Don't care tho, these are my boobs so it's my choice.

I'm very anxious to be rid of them. They have been nothing but trouble for years. So, I guess I should actually thank them, if they hadn't been such trouble then I probably still wouldn't have had my first mammogram. And I think this last one was my 5th.”

Now wait a minute…did I actually say that?

I'm very anxious to be rid of them. They have been nothing but trouble for years. So, I guess I should actually thank them, if they hadn't been such trouble then I probably still wouldn't have had my first mammogram. And I think this last one was my 5th.”

Again, let me repeat part of this:

I guess I should actually thank them

Unbelievable.

Thanking my boobs for causing me trouble for so many years.

But if they hadn’t, and since this is not a palpable tumor I might just being going thru the summer without knowing I have a breast cancer.

And then what would next summer be like?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being there for me too..... you made me cry as I read your Mother's Day entry. For you too have helped me. I am so blessed that someone introduced us - sorry that it had to be because of our now shared story. You need people you can trust and lean on now - it is all about you and being a SURVIVOR! Now go and enjoy your vacation. I'll be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete