Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Shopping


Today I met my mom at Kohl’s to do a little shopping. We were both on a mission. She needed some nice summer T-Shirts and I needed some short sleeve button down shirts for after my surgery. You see, I was told that button down shirts will come in handy after my surgery, to avoid having to raise my arms up over my head. Makes sense, right?

Only problem is the short sleeved button down shirts for women I saw and tried on were made for style, not comfort. I mean, I couldn’t even use my right hand to scratch my left shoulder with one of them on. And I am not built like a linebacker, they are just not comfortable. And since in my normal life I put comfort ahead of fashion why wouldn’t I do that post op too? So I moved on to the mens department.

Saw a few nice Chap shirts. They fit. I could scratch my shoulders and all. But really? $25 per shirt. How many do I need? 2? 3? Maybe $75 spent on shirts I DON’T WANT. On shirts I resent needing?? No thanks. I couldn’t do it. I almost cried. So I wandered back over to the womens dept to critique my moms choices of shirts.

Besides, tomorrow I am being measured for these little cami shirts that have built in boobs and pouches for my drains. Forgive me if I am mistaken, but don’t you put on a cami over your head? So if I can wear that post op, then why do I need a button down on top of it?

Just doesn’t make sense to me. At all.

So I just left. And went and got my eyebrows waxed.

Which seems kind of redundant, doesn’t it??

Gonna touch up my grey roots again soon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment