Monday, May 28, 2012

The Long Weekend


Every day is a race for me to find something to do, enough somethings to do, to keep my mind occupied and my body in motion. The more I do, the busier I am, the less time I have to think about myself. With that in mind tho….I don’t want to really go anywhere. I mean, nowhere like the mall, or out to eat or something like that. Nowhere that I will be surrounded by people I don’t know. Happy bubbly people piss me off.

So as I entered this long weekend I began to worry. What am I going to do? How will I occupy myself and my family? It’s easy when Alan is working and Michelle and Mary are at school. Week days are easy. But weekends? Especially long weekends with everyone home? Oh boy, now what?

But lucky for me this weekend has been busy. A birthday party and a BBQ on Sat. And when I left the BBQ, Michelle stayed for a sleepover with her BFF. She stayed there for almost 24 hours. Which gave both her and me some much needed time away from each other.

And it gave me Sunday morning free. But what to do?? It’s kinda cloudy, I hear thunder and it looks like it might rain at any second. Oh! I know! Lets go kayaking!! Yep, Jill and Susie devised a way for me to get in my yak this season. Sunday morning at 9, weather be dammed. So even tho it rained a little bit when we first got on the Lehigh River we had a wonderful trip. I had truly thought this summer season would pass me by without once getting on the river. But thanks to these two wonderful ladies I was able to enjoy my favorite past time once before all my treatments start. My smile Sunday morning was huge, and real. Thank you Susie and Jill (+1). I really appreciate it. So much. I love you.

And Sunday night a few good friends stopped by to just hang out and eat chili with me. I know, chili is a weird thing to eat on Memorial Day Weekend, but I make good chili and I wanted to do something nice for my friends. So mom, Paulette, Stacy and Lynn all came by to hang out, eat and chat. It was a good end to a good day.

And today we will BBQ. Just the family. And it will be nice. A nice way to end my last weekend as the me I am. Before I become the me that fought hard and won my battle against breast cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment